home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Mom- Flourishes Motherly Love


Good Morning Friends! It has been an all-nighter for me, no sleep and so wired so I had time to play in my craft room. Since Mother's Day is just around the corner (May 13th) I figured I would make a card to give to my mother and to take part in the Flourishes Motherly love challenge. So here is what I came up with:
My card base is a standard A2 size card at 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. I used white and black Bazzill cardstock. I created the background by using a floral stamp by Inkadinkado, inked it up with some Versamark ink and it left a pretty watermark. I used Forever Green, forever blue and forever violet Perfect pearls which gave me a beautiful resist and tone for the black background.
Then I stamped this beautiful butterfly stamp from the new Pretty Momma stamp set from Paper Smooches, again using the versamark ink. I then took some teal and hunter green PK glitter Glitz and covered the butterlies. Aren't they just so sparkly?

I stamped my sentiments(both on the outside and inside) with a white ink pad from studio G and with my sakura white gel pen, I made a few faux stitching around the butterlies and around the inside panel. The sentiments are also from the Pretty momma stamp set. I added a butterfly to the inside panel that I stamped on white bazzill cardstock, cut out and popped up with foam adhesive, to continue the theme from the front of the card. The ribbon I used was a small spool that I had in my stash. Well that is it for my card today, I hope it gives you some ideas for Mother's day! Thank you for stopping by and have a great day!

Supplies:
Bazzill cardstock
Pretty Momma stamp set by Paper Smooches
Florals stamp set by Inkadinkado
Versamark ink, white ink pad
Perfect Pearls
Pk Glitter Glitz
Ribbon


5 comments:

  1. This is sweet, the lovely butterflies always make me smile. Thanks for playing in Flourishes For the Mom's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Stacy for the sweet comment... and as you can tell I was up with NO SLEEP because i mispelled butterflies not once, but twice! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love how the butterflies are flying around the card and so sparkly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty colors and love that you finished the inside of the card, too. lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, inside out.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~