home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Monday, May 14, 2012

Chihuahua Lovin~

Happy Monday blog friends! I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday. It sure was a beautiful day here, sun shining..light breeze.. just a great day to celebrate. My weekend went by pretty fast but lately it seems that the days and weeks just keep flying by. Before I share my card with you today, I would kindly ask and appreciate if you could all say some prayers for me. Tomorrow I am going in to have a mammogram done to determine if my cyst on my left breast is cancer. I have had the cyst for some time now and the doctors have been watching it so I'm really hoping for good news. Ok enough about me and on to my card today....I challenged myself to pick up a cricut cartridge off my shelf that I have not used in awhile(Low and behold I have never used this one yet lol) and create a card using an image from it so I used Cricut Lite Four Legged Friends for this stinkin cute chihuahua!


Isn't he the cutest??? I cut him out at 3" using Bazzill and Colorbok cardstocks and popped him up on some dimensionals onto my 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 card. I added some glitter to the heart he's carrying from his mouth and gave him some cute wiggle eyes! I added some faux stitching around his ears and the heart for some added dimension. For the actual card I used papers from K and Company's Americana Mat Pad and from Colorbok cardstock. The sentiment and frame are stamps from Our Daily Bread's Designs called Mini Tags 1. I am really starting to like their stamps. They have some beautiful sentiments for every life event and they are so heartfelt and spiritual. Sometimes that is all we need is a little lift and some guidance. My sentiment is also popped up on some foam tape.


To finish off the card I added some gold brads that I had in my stash from American Crafts and I added another little glitter heart to the sentiment for some extra get well lovin! All my edges were inked using tea dye distress ink and my sentiment was stamped with my momento rich cocoa ink pad. Here is a peek at the inside:


Well thats my card for today, hope this lil guy brings a smile to your face =)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

  Supplies:
Papers- Bazzill, Colorbok, K and Company
Stamps-ODB (Mini Tags 1)
Inks- Momento Rich Cocoa, Tea Dye Distress Ink
Brads-American Crafts
Cricut Lite Cartridge- Four Legged Friends
Glitter Sakura Gel Pen-White & Black

9 comments:

  1. He IS the cutest Joann! Sending prayers your way...I had the same situation and all was well... :)
    So glad you joined us at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so sweet! My thoughts ae with you. I pray it turns out to be nothing to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he is just to cute and would cheer up anyone feeling down. Love that plaid paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the prayers ladies... I hope all goes well too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!
    Hey...you need to email me. You have won a prize from my blog! :) Trudy@coffeyvilleks.net

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got to go to True's Gifts from the Heart - really!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Joann, my prayers are with you, I have had a scare twice with the xray mammagram, but when they send me to sono it does not find anything so Good thoughts for you always. That card is gorgeous , I love that little chihuahua. I left an Award for you on my blog, when you are feeling better come check it out. Hugs and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card!!....and I really hoe you got some good news at your appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so adorable! lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~