home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Friday, April 29, 2016

Fun Friday & a new May release @ Little Blue Button Stamps- Student Sophie



Little Blue Button Stamps




Hello sweet friends! 
Welcome to another Fun Friday! I hope you had a wonderful week and hopefully ready to get a jump start on gathering fun ideas and inspiration for all your crafty projects this weekend! With that being said, let's get right to it!!! 
New May Release
For my card today, I had the absolute pleasure of coloring up this adorable digital stamp, Student Sophie! She is just one of the new stamps from May's new release. How cute is she???

  

I colored miss Sophie in using my copic markers. She was printed on Georgia Pacific cardstock to size. After she was all colored up, I took my copic multiliner and added some detail to her shirt. I wanted her to have a different look to her so I decided to try and make it look like she had on a see through "net" shirt over top of her shirt, making it look like you could see the detailed shirt underneath the "net" shirt over her jumper. I added a little scallop trim at the bottom of the shirt and added some buttons. I also added some doodling to the bottom of her jumper. I actually like how this turned out. :)

 

Once I was finished with detailing her clothing, I added some finishing touches. I grabbed my Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen and added glitter to her hair bows, clothing and socks. And lastly, I added some glossy accents to her eyes. You can see in the photo above on the right, just how beautiful her eyes turned out and how very sparkly the glitter shines on her hair bow. I will say that I LOVE my spectrum noir clear sparkle pen more so than my clear wink of stella. I think there is more shine and sparkle with the spectrum noir sparkle pens. :)

Okay so my card base was cut to a standard A2 sized card using some Tangelo Twist cardstock from Stampin'Up. The multi-striped paper down the right side is a strip of paper that I cut from a Simple Stories paper pad and the blue ruler along the left side was stamped. I used the fun stamp set, School Time from Sunny Studio Stamps.  I stamped the ruler from the set onto some bermuda bay cardstock from Stampin' Up and trimmed it just so that you could see the ruler portion. I didn't want the numbers to show. The sentiments, "Star Student" and "you rule" are also from this same stamp set. This is a great stamp set for making any type of school projects and when I learned that I would be working with Student Sophie, I knew right away that I would be grabbing this set to pair with her! Those little stars you see, are also a star stamp from the School Time set. I stamped them onto the same multi-striped paper and fussy cut them out. I have the dies for this stamp set as well but at the time, just decided to fussy cut them as they were little and would only take a minute or two. And that is it my friends! To finish it off, I added just a few enamel dots. I hope you like it and here is one last look at the finished card. 

Please make sure to stop by the Little Blue Button Stamps Blog to see what my design team sisters have created for you using Student Sophie and the other new digital stamps from May's new release. If you want to purchase this stamp or any other stamp you may have been eyeing up, just go visit the LBBS Store.  Thank you so much for stopping by today and have a great weekend!!! 


 I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely ADORE her hair!! She is just PRECIOUS my friend!!
    Such an adorable card!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaw, she is so sweet! Your coloring is awesome Jo!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...she is just so sweet! I love what you've done with her, Jo! She's wonderful! Looks like you had lots of fun with her! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~